After the December 30th horrific Marshall Wildfires disaster, the Home Builders Association’s professional cadre of industry experts began an erstwhile task force to help the “Fire Families and Businesses” in cooperation with the city of Louisville, the town of Superior and Boulder County officials.
Five working groups were created through the executive officer of the local and state associations, Ted Leighty, in cooperation with the National Association of Home Builders, the co-chairman of the task force, Steve Erickson of Boulder Creek Neighborhoods and S. Robert August, President of North Star Synergies and more than 75 volunteers from member companies. The groups and members are:
Builder: Ted Leighty, Steve Erickson and S. Robert August
*Note: Louie and Jason are “Fire Family and Businesses” affected by the disaster who are exemplary members rebuilding their homes.
Other updates from the taskforce include:
- Home Builders Association Of Metro Denver Marshall Wildfire Disaster Relief Task Force:
- 100+ volunteers participating in five working groups (as noted above).
- Cash contributions from members of more than $1 million.
- More than $5 million of manufacturer, vendor, trade and service discounts made available.
- 17 comprehensive building-related educational programs.
- A Living In Place Institute Idea Home has been designed and will break ground soon. It will showcase state-of-the-art:
- Universal Accessible Design
- Health and wellness
- Smart technology
- Fire protection
- 80+ rebuild homes are in permitting and/or construction phases.
- 100+ home restorations.
- Approximately 2,000 rebuilds or restorations throughout the next several years.
S. Robert August is the President of North Star Synergies, a nationally and globally accomplished and award-winning real estate development marketing, management and sales concern headquartered in Denver. Robert also serves as the Senior Vice President of Business Development for Green Homes Builders of Australia, New Zealand and the U.S., as well as a member of the Board of Directors of Environmental Service Professionals and RSG3D. He can be contacted by cell phone at 303.601.5840 and office phone at 303.500.3400,
[email protected], and NorthStarSynergies.com.